Welcome to Insurance Claims Ireland
We are here to provide people with helpful information regarding insurance claims in Ireland.
Making insurance Claims
When it comes to making insurance claims the first thing you must do is check your full insurance policy to see whether you are covered for your particular issue. You may also be covered for the same loss or damage under more than one policy. For example, if you are on holiday and your money is stolen, this claim may be covered by both your all-risks household policy and by your travel insurance policy. You cannot claim under more than one policy for a loss, so choose carefully which policy you decide to claim against, keeping in mind the excess on each policy. Here are some helpful tips to follow:
- Before making a claim, check the excess you have to pay on your policy. The amount varies but it is usually between €100 & €300. You won’t be able to claim for an amount less than the excess.
- If the claim amount is minimal, decide whether it is worth making a claim. If you do make a claim, you may lose your no-claims discount and you may find it more difficult to shop around for cover the next time you renew your insurance policy.
- When you discover a problem and decide to make a claim, call your broker as quickly as possible. Give your broker a brief outline of your claim and request a claim form. Insurance companies usually have an emergency helpline set up to deal with claims.
- Depending on the type of claim, your insurance broker will give you advice on what action to take next. For example, if your property has been damaged, they might suggest you get some emergency repairs carried out. Always check that your insurer will cover any repair costs.
- For more substantial claims, such as a buildings claim on your property, you may want to hire an assessor. An assessor works for you and will negotiate with your insurance company to settle your claim.
Our priority is to make sure your claims experience is fair, efficient and prompt and that you are dealt with in the right manner.
For each step of the claim we will,
- Provide you with an experienced and dedicated claims manager
- keep you fully informed of any developments of your claim
- communicate with you all the time and fully about your claim
- Do you have a Samsung tv that is under warranty ? then go to samsung tv repairs
Insurance claims Ireland: speak to us today
Claims Journal Insurance news and resources for the claims industry
Nuclear Industry Push for Reduced Oversight Gaining Traction
by Ellen Knickmeyer on July 19, 2019 at 5:55 pm
WASHINGTON — Fewer mock commando raids to test nuclear power plants’ defenses against terrorist attacks. Fewer, smaller government inspections for plant safety issues. Less notice to the public and to state governors when problems arise. They’re part of the money-saving […]
Apparent Decline in Overdose Deaths Reverses Long-Running Trend
by Mike Stobbe on July 19, 2019 at 5:48 pm
NEW YORK — U.S. overdose deaths last year likely fell for the first time in nearly three decades, preliminary numbers suggest. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Wednesday posted data showing nearly 68,000 drug overdose deaths were reported […]
Heat Wave Broils Eastern, Central U.S., Utilities Poised for Demand
by Barbara Goldberg on July 19, 2019 at 4:52 pm
NEW YORK — A massive heat wave that has enveloped the U.S. Midwest pushed into the Northeast on Friday, ushering in temperatures that could top 100 degrees Fahrenheit in Washington, D.C., and leading utilities to take steps to prevent power […]
Trump EPA Allows Use of Controversial Pesticide
by Valerie Volcovici on July 19, 2019 at 4:30 pm
The Environmental Protection Agency on Thursday said it will not ban the use of the pesticide chlorpyrifos, which has been linked to health issues in children, from use on U.S.-grown fruits and vegetables. The agency denied the petition by a […]
California Cities Ask Newsom to Remove Hurdles for PG&E Assets
on July 19, 2019 at 4:07 pm
A new California law, a win for Governor Gavin Newsom, is intended to help utilities cover wildfire liabilities. But it’s also impeding the efforts of cities such as San Francisco that are seeking power independence. Now, they’re pressing Newsom to […]