Welcome to Insurance Claims Ireland
We are here to provide people with helpful information regarding insurance claims in Ireland.
Making insurance Claims
When it comes to making insurance claims the first thing you must do is check your full insurance policy to see whether you are covered for your particular issue. You may also be covered for the same loss or damage under more than one policy. For example, if you are on holiday and your money is stolen, this claim may be covered by both your all-risks household policy and by your travel insurance policy. You cannot claim under more than one policy for a loss, so choose carefully which policy you decide to claim against, keeping in mind the excess on each policy. Here are some helpful tips to follow:
- Before making a claim, check the excess you have to pay on your policy. The amount varies but it is usually between €100 & €300. You won’t be able to claim for an amount less than the excess.
- If the claim amount is minimal, decide whether it is worth making a claim. If you do make a claim, you may lose your no-claims discount and you may find it more difficult to shop around for cover the next time you renew your insurance policy.
- When you discover a problem and decide to make a claim, call your broker as quickly as possible. Give your broker a brief outline of your claim and request a claim form. Insurance companies usually have an emergency helpline set up to deal with claims.
- Depending on the type of claim, your insurance broker will give you advice on what action to take next. For example, if your property has been damaged, they might suggest you get some emergency repairs carried out. Always check that your insurer will cover any repair costs.
- For more substantial claims, such as a buildings claim on your property, you may want to hire an assessor. An assessor works for you and will negotiate with your insurance company to settle your claim.
Our priority is to make sure your claims experience is fair, efficient and prompt and that you are dealt with in the right manner.
For each step of the claim we will,
- Provide you with an experienced and dedicated claims manager
- keep you fully informed of any developments of your claim
- communicate with you all the time and fully about your claim
- Do you have a Samsung tv that is under warranty ? then go to samsung tv repairs
Insurance claims Ireland: speak to us today
Claims Journal Insurance news and resources for the claims industry
Virginia Lawmakers Approve Speeding Tickets Triggered by Cameras in Highway Work Zones
by Arianna Coghill on February 22, 2019 at 5:04 pm
For the first time in Virginia, police officers could issue speeding tickets through the mail – without pulling over the speeding motorist – under legislation sitting on Gov. Ralph Northam’s desk. SB 1521, which cleared its final hurdle in the […]
Dad Sues College in Connecticut Over Alleged Unsafe Conditions for Daughter
on February 22, 2019 at 4:57 pm
A Connecticut father has sued his daughter’s former college, saying the school failed to keep her safe. The Connecticut Post reports that Paul Lisi, of Monroe, says in the suit that his daughter was assaulted twice while attending Albertus Magnus […]
California Bill Would Require Clergy to Report Abuse Disclosed in Confessions
by Kathleen Ronayne on February 22, 2019 at 4:48 pm
A California lawmaker said this week that the state should require clergy members to report suspected child abuse or neglect even if they learn of it during confession. Clergy members are among a list of more than 40 “mandated reporters,” […]
New York City Owes FEMA $5 Million for Fraudulent Superstorm Sandy Claims
on February 22, 2019 at 4:44 pm
New York City has reached a tentative settlement to pay back $5.3 million obtained through fraudulent claims to the Federal Emergency Management Agency after Superstorm Sandy. The New York Times says the city got relief funds for supposedly storm-damaged Department […]
A History Lesson on Insurance and the Local Economy for Insurance Careers Month
by Patrick Wraight on February 22, 2019 at 4:32 pm
February is Insurance Careers Month and since insurance has been so good to my house, I feel compelled to participate. To paraphrase an old comedian, “If it hadn’t been for insurance, I would be in insurance today.” Our friends at […]