Welcome to Insurance Claims Ireland
We are here to provide people with helpful information regarding insurance claims in Ireland.
Making insurance Claims
When it comes to making insurance claims the first thing you must do is check your full insurance policy to see whether you are covered for your particular issue. You may also be covered for the same loss or damage under more than one policy. For example, if you are on holiday and your money is stolen, this claim may be covered by both your all-risks household policy and by your travel insurance policy. You cannot claim under more than one policy for a loss, so choose carefully which policy you decide to claim against, keeping in mind the excess on each policy. Here are some helpful tips to follow:
- Before making a claim, check the excess you have to pay on your policy. The amount varies but it is usually between €100 & €300. You won’t be able to claim for an amount less than the excess.
- If the claim amount is minimal, decide whether it is worth making a claim. If you do make a claim, you may lose your no-claims discount and you may find it more difficult to shop around for cover the next time you renew your insurance policy.
- When you discover a problem and decide to make a claim, call your broker as quickly as possible. Give your broker a brief outline of your claim and request a claim form. Insurance companies usually have an emergency helpline set up to deal with claims.
- Depending on the type of claim, your insurance broker will give you advice on what action to take next. For example, if your property has been damaged, they might suggest you get some emergency repairs carried out. Always check that your insurer will cover any repair costs.
- For more substantial claims, such as a buildings claim on your property, you may want to hire an assessor. An assessor works for you and will negotiate with your insurance company to settle your claim.
Our priority is to make sure your claims experience is fair, efficient and prompt and that you are dealt with in the right manner.
For each step of the claim we will,
- Provide you with an experienced and dedicated claims manager
- keep you fully informed of any developments of your claim
- communicate with you all the time and fully about your claim
- Do you have a Samsung tv that is under warranty ? then go to samsung tv repairs
Insurance claims Ireland: speak to us today
Claims Journal Insurance news and resources for the claims industry
Business News: Lemonade, CoreLogic
on May 24, 2018 at 9:30 am
Lemonade Launches World’s First ‘Open Source’ Insurance Policy Lemonade, the insurance company powered by artificial intelligence and behavioral economics, announced it has rewritten the generations-old insurance policy. The new insurance policy, called Policy 2.0, will be open for edits from […]
Americans Remain Concerned That AI Will Hurt Jobs
by Shobhana Chandra on May 24, 2018 at 9:23 am
Will artificial intelligence ultimately help or hurt U.S. workers? A Brookings Institution survey offers fresh fodder for the debate, showing opinion is heavily tilted against AI at a time companies are increasingly looking for ways to include it in everything […]
Volcanic Eruption a Reminder That Insurance May Not Cover Everything
by JOYCE M. ROSENBERG on May 24, 2018 at 8:41 am
The eruption of Mount Kilauea in Hawaii is a reminder to business owners, even those nowhere near any of the 169 volcanoes in the U.S., that they could be vulnerable to nature’s most destructive forces. And that they need to […]
NICB: Animal-Related Insurance Claims Top 1.7M in 4 Years
on May 24, 2018 at 8:36 am
The National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) released a study on the number of animal-related insurance losses for the years 2014-2017. The data is gleaned from insurance claims for losses that occurred in all 50 states plus the District of Columbia. […]
Judge in PG&E Case Won’t Rule Out California Fire Cost Claim
by Joel Rosenblatt and Mark Chediak on May 24, 2018 at 8:35 am
PG&E Corp. suffered another legal setback with a judge saying he won’t release the company from a key legal claim over the most destructive wildfires in California history. PG&E has been challenging a California law allowing private property owners to […]