Welcome to Insurance Claims Ireland
We are here to provide people with helpful information regarding insurance claims in Ireland.
Making insurance Claims
When it comes to making insurance claims the first thing you must do is check your full insurance policy to see whether you are covered for your particular issue. You may also be covered for the same loss or damage under more than one policy. For example, if you are on holiday and your money is stolen, this claim may be covered by both your all-risks household policy and by your travel insurance policy. You cannot claim under more than one policy for a loss, so choose carefully which policy you decide to claim against, keeping in mind the excess on each policy. Here are some helpful tips to follow:
- Before making a claim, check the excess you have to pay on your policy. The amount varies but it is usually between €100 & €300. You won’t be able to claim for an amount less than the excess.
- If the claim amount is minimal, decide whether it is worth making a claim. If you do make a claim, you may lose your no-claims discount and you may find it more difficult to shop around for cover the next time you renew your insurance policy.
- When you discover a problem and decide to make a claim, call your broker as quickly as possible. Give your broker a brief outline of your claim and request a claim form. Insurance companies usually have an emergency helpline set up to deal with claims.
- Depending on the type of claim, your insurance broker will give you advice on what action to take next. For example, if your property has been damaged, they might suggest you get some emergency repairs carried out. Always check that your insurer will cover any repair costs.
- For more substantial claims, such as a buildings claim on your property, you may want to hire an assessor. An assessor works for you and will negotiate with your insurance company to settle your claim.
Our priority is to make sure your claims experience is fair, efficient and prompt and that you are dealt with in the right manner.
For each step of the claim we will,
- Provide you with an experienced and dedicated claims manager
- keep you fully informed of any developments of your claim
- communicate with you all the time and fully about your claim
- Do you have a Samsung tv that is under warranty ? then go to samsung tv repairs
Insurance claims Ireland: speak to us today
Claims Journal Insurance news and resources for the claims industry
MGM Might Pay $800 Million in Las Vegas Shooting Settlement
by Ken Ritter on May 20, 2019 at 5:46 pm
LAS VEGAS — Casino giant MGM Resorts told federal regulators Thursday it might pay up to $800 million to settle liability lawsuits stemming from the 2017 mass shooting in Las Vegas — the deadliest in modern U.S. history. “The company […]
Blame it on Bieber: Iceland Canyon too Popular with Visitors
by Egill Bjarnason on May 20, 2019 at 4:43 pm
FJADRARGLJUFUR, Iceland — A large sign warns motorists that Iceland’s Fjadrargljufur canyon is closed to visitors but drivers keep on coming down the narrow gravel road. A ranger at a roadblock has to explain why no one can pass: The […]
U.S. Supreme Court Tosses Ruling Against Merck on Fosamax Osteoporosis Drug
by Andrew Chung on May 20, 2019 at 4:21 pm
The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday handed a victory to Merck & Co – at least for now – by throwing out a lower court ruling that had revived hundreds of lawsuits accusing the company of failing to properly warn […]
Tornadoes and Baseball-Sized Hail Threaten Texas, Oklahoma
on May 20, 2019 at 4:01 pm
A powerful spring storm is bearing down on Texas and Oklahoma, bringing tornadoes, flash floods and baseball-sized hail, the National Weather Service said. The system could deliver as much as 5 inches of rain and hurricane-force winds as it sweeps […]
Google Glass Finds a New Home at the Factory
on May 20, 2019 at 3:58 pm
Remember Google Glass? The vaunted debut of the company’s computerized eyewear six years ago was one of Silicon Valley’s more spectacular flops. Deemed too awkward and pretentious, early users were disparaged as “glassholes” by a critical public. Parent company Alphabet […]