Welcome to Insurance Claims Ireland
We are here to provide people with helpful information regarding insurance claims in Ireland.
Making insurance Claims
When it comes to making insurance claims the first thing you must do is check your full insurance policy to see whether you are covered for your particular issue. You may also be covered for the same loss or damage under more than one policy. For example, if you are on holiday and your money is stolen, this claim may be covered by both your all-risks household policy and by your travel insurance policy. You cannot claim under more than one policy for a loss, so choose carefully which policy you decide to claim against, keeping in mind the excess on each policy. Here are some helpful tips to follow:
- Before making a claim, check the excess you have to pay on your policy. The amount varies but it is usually between €100 & €300. You won’t be able to claim for an amount less than the excess.
- If the claim amount is minimal, decide whether it is worth making a claim. If you do make a claim, you may lose your no-claims discount and you may find it more difficult to shop around for cover the next time you renew your insurance policy.
- When you discover a problem and decide to make a claim, call your broker as quickly as possible. Give your broker a brief outline of your claim and request a claim form. Insurance companies usually have an emergency helpline set up to deal with claims.
- Depending on the type of claim, your insurance broker will give you advice on what action to take next. For example, if your property has been damaged, they might suggest you get some emergency repairs carried out. Always check that your insurer will cover any repair costs.
- For more substantial claims, such as a buildings claim on your property, you may want to hire an assessor. An assessor works for you and will negotiate with your insurance company to settle your claim.
Our priority is to make sure your claims experience is fair, efficient and prompt and that you are dealt with in the right manner.
For each step of the claim we will,
- Provide you with an experienced and dedicated claims manager
- keep you fully informed of any developments of your claim
- communicate with you all the time and fully about your claim
- Do you have a Samsung tv that is under warranty ? then go to samsung tv repairs
Insurance claims Ireland: speak to us today
Claims Journal Insurance news and resources for the claims industry
Lithium Battery Boom Hits Roadblock With Fire-Fearing Cities
by Mark Chediak on May 18, 2018 at 2:46 pm
The new era of big batteries has already drawn scrutiny after fiery electric-car crashes across America and Europe. Now, U.S. city planners are worried about the same risk of hard-to-control blazes as these power-storage units make their way into basements […]
Report: NJ Transit Has Far to Go to Meet Safety Deadline
by DAVID PORTER on May 18, 2018 at 1:37 pm
New Jersey Transit had installed a federally mandated emergency braking system on less than 10 percent of its fleet of locomotives nine months before the deadline, according to a progress report covering the first quarter of this year. The report […]
Florida Boating Accidents Rose Nearly 14% in 2017
on May 18, 2018 at 1:30 pm
With the release of the 2017 Boating Accident Statistical Report, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) encourages boaters to focus on simple, effective steps that make boating safer. “For 2017, the leading contributor to boating accidents was the […]
Washington Fraud: Plumber’s Work Comp Scam, Woman’s Bogus Theft Claims
on May 18, 2018 at 8:55 am
Wash. Plumber’s Workers’ Comp Scam Nets Him 45 Days in Detention An Auburn, Wash., plumber who lied about working while he was receiving disability payments has been sentenced to serve 45 days in detention. Bobby Eugene Stepp, 66, claimed he […]
Surveying Your Department’s Claims Writing Issues
by Gary Blake on May 18, 2018 at 8:47 am
To help you solve your claims writing problems – or those of your colleagues – I have put together a list of 20 topics that claims executives tell me are of concern to them. These topics can harm customer service, […]