Welcome to Insurance Claims Ireland
We are here to provide people with helpful information regarding insurance claims in Ireland.
Making insurance Claims
When it comes to making insurance claims the first thing you must do is check your full insurance policy to see whether you are covered for your particular issue. You may also be covered for the same loss or damage under more than one policy. For example, if you are on holiday and your money is stolen, this claim may be covered by both your all-risks household policy and by your travel insurance policy. You cannot claim under more than one policy for a loss, so choose carefully which policy you decide to claim against, keeping in mind the excess on each policy. Here are some helpful tips to follow:
- Before making a claim, check the excess you have to pay on your policy. The amount varies but it is usually between €100 & €300. You won’t be able to claim for an amount less than the excess.
- If the claim amount is minimal, decide whether it is worth making a claim. If you do make a claim, you may lose your no-claims discount and you may find it more difficult to shop around for cover the next time you renew your insurance policy.
- When you discover a problem and decide to make a claim, call your broker as quickly as possible. Give your broker a brief outline of your claim and request a claim form. Insurance companies usually have an emergency helpline set up to deal with claims.
- Depending on the type of claim, your insurance broker will give you advice on what action to take next. For example, if your property has been damaged, they might suggest you get some emergency repairs carried out. Always check that your insurer will cover any repair costs.
- For more substantial claims, such as a buildings claim on your property, you may want to hire an assessor. An assessor works for you and will negotiate with your insurance company to settle your claim.
Our priority is to make sure your claims experience is fair, efficient and prompt and that you are dealt with in the right manner.
For each step of the claim we will,
- Provide you with an experienced and dedicated claims manager
- keep you fully informed of any developments of your claim
- communicate with you all the time and fully about your claim
- Do you have a Samsung tv that is under warranty ? then go to samsung tv repairs
Insurance claims Ireland: speak to us today
Claims Journal Insurance news and resources for the claims industry
A Year After Death, No Fences Expected at Burning Man Event
on July 16, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Officials with counterculture festival Burning Man say they won’t install fences around major burns at this year’s event in the northern Nevada desert, nearly a year after the death of a man who ran into flames of a towering wooden […]
Business News: Mitchell, Willis Towers Watson, GlobalPro Recovery
on July 16, 2018 at 9:47 am
Mitchell Announces Strategic Integration Agreement With AirPro Diagnostics Mitchell International, Inc., a technology, connectivity and information provider to the property/casualty claims and collision repair industries, announced a strategic integration and joint marketing agreement with AirPro Diagnostics, LLC. to integrate AirPro’s […]
Poultry Processing Plant Injuries Often Underreported
by HUIQI XU, MAUREEN STRODE, ANDREW WITHERS of the Midwest Center for Investigative Reporting. on July 16, 2018 at 9:39 am
Meat and poultry processing workers often perform the same motions for hours at a time: pulling tenders off of chicken carcasses, tearing out their internal organs or trimming cuts of meat. These repetitive and forceful jobs, performed on long shifts […]
$550M Award in Lawsuit Linking Cancer to Baby Powder
on July 16, 2018 at 9:35 am
Nearly two dozen women who claimed asbestos in Johnson & Johnson talcum powder caused their ovarian cancer were awarded $550 million in damages Thursday by a St. Louis jury in the first case against the company that focused on asbestos […]
California Considers How Bad 2018 Wildfire Season Could Be
by Brian K. Sullivan and Mark Chediak on July 16, 2018 at 9:29 am
As blame for California’s wildfires rises over Sacramento like smoke from last year’s blazes, the state is being forced to confront the possibility that it’ll happen again in 2018. California’s drought is worsening, and blazes have charred more acres in […]