Welcome to Insurance Claims Ireland
We are here to provide people with helpful information regarding insurance claims in Ireland.
Making insurance Claims
When it comes to making insurance claims the first thing you must do is check your full insurance policy to see whether you are covered for your particular issue. You may also be covered for the same loss or damage under more than one policy. For example, if you are on holiday and your money is stolen, this claim may be covered by both your all-risks household policy and by your travel insurance policy. You cannot claim under more than one policy for a loss, so choose carefully which policy you decide to claim against, keeping in mind the excess on each policy. Here are some helpful tips to follow:
- Before making a claim, check the excess you have to pay on your policy. The amount varies but it is usually between €100 & €300. You won’t be able to claim for an amount less than the excess.
- If the claim amount is minimal, decide whether it is worth making a claim. If you do make a claim, you may lose your no-claims discount and you may find it more difficult to shop around for cover the next time you renew your insurance policy.
- When you discover a problem and decide to make a claim, call your broker as quickly as possible. Give your broker a brief outline of your claim and request a claim form. Insurance companies usually have an emergency helpline set up to deal with claims.
- Depending on the type of claim, your insurance broker will give you advice on what action to take next. For example, if your property has been damaged, they might suggest you get some emergency repairs carried out. Always check that your insurer will cover any repair costs.
- For more substantial claims, such as a buildings claim on your property, you may want to hire an assessor. An assessor works for you and will negotiate with your insurance company to settle your claim.
Our priority is to make sure your claims experience is fair, efficient and prompt and that you are dealt with in the right manner.
For each step of the claim we will,
- Provide you with an experienced and dedicated claims manager
- keep you fully informed of any developments of your claim
- communicate with you all the time and fully about your claim
- Do you have a Samsung tv that is under warranty ? then go to samsung tv repairs
Insurance claims Ireland: speak to us today
Claims Journal Insurance news and resources for the claims industry
Government Shutdown Stalls Wildfire Preparations
by GILLIAN FLACCUS on January 18, 2019 at 2:19 pm
Just two months after a wildfire wiped out Paradise, California, officials are gearing up for this year’s fire season and fear the government shutdown could make it even more difficult than one of the worst in history. The winter months […]
PG&E Bankruptcy Could Lead to Price Hikes, Unpaid Wildfire Lawsuits
by KATHLEEN RONAYNE on January 18, 2019 at 10:15 am
Pacific Gas & Electric Co. said this week it will file for bankruptcy, raising concern that rates for electricity and gas will rise and victims of California wildfires who are suing the nation’s largest utility won’t get all the money […]
Business News: Tower MSA Partners, Berkley One, Method Insurance Services
on January 18, 2019 at 10:13 am
Tower MSA Partners Launches Quarterly Webinar Series Tower MSA Partners is launching a free, quarterly webinar series to help payers become more proficient in settling workers’ compensation claims, Medicare Secondary Payer compliance and Medicare Set-Asides. The first webinar on January […]
Kansas Mother Settles Wrongful Death Police Shooting Suit for $2.3M
on January 18, 2019 at 10:08 am
The mother of a suburban Kansas City teenager who was fatally shot by police as he backed a minivan out of his family’s garage has reached a $2.3 million settlement with the city. In the settlement, the city of Overland […]
New Report Highlights Increase in Food Recalls
by Carmen Reinicke on January 18, 2019 at 9:58 am
If it feels like you’re reading about a new food recall practically everyday, it’s not all in your head – or stomach. A report released Thursday by the U.S. PIRG Education Fund found that recalls of food have increased 10 […]