Welcome to Insurance Claims Ireland
We are here to provide people with helpful information regarding insurance claims in Ireland.
Making insurance Claims
When it comes to making insurance claims the first thing you must do is check your full insurance policy to see whether you are covered for your particular issue. You may also be covered for the same loss or damage under more than one policy. For example, if you are on holiday and your money is stolen, this claim may be covered by both your all-risks household policy and by your travel insurance policy. You cannot claim under more than one policy for a loss, so choose carefully which policy you decide to claim against, keeping in mind the excess on each policy. Here are some helpful tips to follow:
- Before making a claim, check the excess you have to pay on your policy. The amount varies but it is usually between €100 & €300. You won’t be able to claim for an amount less than the excess.
- If the claim amount is minimal, decide whether it is worth making a claim. If you do make a claim, you may lose your no-claims discount and you may find it more difficult to shop around for cover the next time you renew your insurance policy.
- When you discover a problem and decide to make a claim, call your broker as quickly as possible. Give your broker a brief outline of your claim and request a claim form. Insurance companies usually have an emergency helpline set up to deal with claims.
- Depending on the type of claim, your insurance broker will give you advice on what action to take next. For example, if your property has been damaged, they might suggest you get some emergency repairs carried out. Always check that your insurer will cover any repair costs.
- For more substantial claims, such as a buildings claim on your property, you may want to hire an assessor. An assessor works for you and will negotiate with your insurance company to settle your claim.
Our priority is to make sure your claims experience is fair, efficient and prompt and that you are dealt with in the right manner.
For each step of the claim we will,
- Provide you with an experienced and dedicated claims manager
- keep you fully informed of any developments of your claim
- communicate with you all the time and fully about your claim
- Do you have a Samsung tv that is under warranty ? then go to samsung tv repairs
Insurance claims Ireland: speak to us today
Claims Journal Insurance news and resources for the claims industry
Louisiana Recovery Group Marshals Cash, Volunteers to Help Flood Victims
by CAROLINE GRUESKIN, The Advocate on April 23, 2018 at 1:28 pm
Leslie Garon pressed her right hand to her chest and choked back tears as she addressed more than a dozen green-shirted volunteers in her living room earlier this month. “From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate every one of […]
Business News: Sedgwick, Verisk, CLARA Analytics
on April 23, 2018 at 9:12 am
Sedgwick has finalized the purchase of global loss adjusting, claims management and risk solutions firm Cunningham Lindsey and its subsidiaries. The combined organization—including the subsidiaries of Sedgwick, Vericlaim and Cunningham Lindsey, with select exceptions—will move toward operating globally under the […]
Hurricane Harvey Research Shows Most Fatalities Occurred Outside Flood Zones
on April 23, 2018 at 8:49 am
A Dutch-Texan team found that most Houston-area drowning deaths from Hurricane Harvey occurred outside the zones designated by government as being at higher risk of flooding: the 100- and 500-year floodplains. Harvey, one of the costliest storms in US history, […]
IRC: Auto Injury Claims Costs Outpace Inflation, Lawyer Involvement Increases
on April 23, 2018 at 8:32 am
A new study from the Insurance Research Council (IRC) shows that claimed economic losses for auto bodily injury liability (BI) insurance claims increased 10 percent annualized from 2012 to 2017, substantially above the medical inflation rate of 3 percent over […]
Mitchell: Workers’ Comp Billing Errors Could Be Costing Payors
on April 23, 2018 at 8:04 am
Inappropriate coding and unbundling were two of the most common billing issues Mitchell found during their medical billing audit. The analysis was presented in Mitchell’s Q1 2018 Industry Trends Report. The author of the first in a three part series […]